Recently, Obama and Hillary decided that they would go on FOX News, which is known to hold conservative views, and talk about their respective campaigns. This decision has infuriated many Democrats because there have been a sort of boycott against the network. They feel that Obama and Clinton are just doing this to get a few more votes, but are turning their backs on the party base. However, as I see it, Obama is running as a candidate who can cross party lines and come to compromises, yet the very same people voting for him don't want him to talk on FOX news? I really don't see how boycotting a network that is watched by millions of Americans helps to bring the country together. If Obama and Hillary really want to bring in change then there should be no problem in there actions. If these Democrats don't see the error of their ways, then the era of 'old politics' that they want gone won't be going anywhere fast.
Just as an aside, I don't see how Hillary's comments about destroying Iran can be called 'sabre rattling' as Obama put it. She said that if Iran NUKES Israel then they will be obliterated. Should there be any other response? I sure hope any other candidate would do the same thing.
Another aside. I hate it when (mostly) liberal bloggers say that the only reason that the Republicans win is because they play gutter politics. They say that if the debate was only about the issues then they would win every time. What are they trying to say about the general public in these articles? That anyone who votes Republican is a duped idiot? Note to these bloggers- lots of people believe in what the Republicans are saying, that's why they win so often. These bloggers answer the question of why many people think the Democratic party is elitist.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
3 comments:
I agree with Hilary and not Barack on retaliation. Fox News is a propaganda vehicle for the extreme rightist nutbars, and Republicans have resorted to dirty politics in recent years way more than Democrats. The campaigns run against McGovern, Dukakis, Gore and Kerry have been shameful. That is my take.
Post a Comment