Thursday, July 29, 2010

Arcade Fire Album.

The new Arcade Fire album, 'The Suburbs' can simply be described as fantastic. If one has not listened to their previous albums, 'Funeral', and 'Neon Bible', one really is missing out on some great music. The critics seem to agree, as 'The Suburbs' has garnered a score of 93 on Metacritic (that's really good).
Their sound is so eclectic that reviews of the album have compared them too: U2, Neil Young, Depeche Mode, Tom Petty, and the Rolling Stones (I detect some Blondie).
Only one guy seems to dislike the album because he thinks Win Butler is being disdainful of his fans. Who cares? That doesn't change the quality of the music.
I personally found 'We Used to Wait' and 'Sprawl 2' to be the best songs, although all of them are very good.
Anyways, I'm not going to pretend I'm a music critic, but I highly recommend you give this new album a listen.
And they're Canadian, go Canada!

No comments: