Thursday, January 14, 2010

Stuff going on this week

1)The earthquake in Haiti-It's really,really awful. There are plenty of good organizations to donate too. Snoop around on the web. Hopefully the damage is not as catastrophic as it is currently believed.

2)New EKOS poll-This poll shows that the Liberals and Conservatives are basically tied. I'm going to bet that Harper goes back up in the next couple of weeks.

3)U.S Senate Election on Tuesday-a race to win Ted Kennedy's Massachusetts seat. Somewhat surprisingly, the Republican nominee actually has a small chance to win this. If he does the Democratic super majority is gone, and this whole health care debate gets a whole lot more interesting.

4)NFL playoffs-I'm wishfully thinking the Ravens somehow win. I hate the Cowboys, but also hate Brett Favre, so go Cowboys. San Diego is going to maul the Jets. Kurt Warner will heroically win the Super Bowl and make the Hall of Fame. Bank on it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1) The earthquake is very bad.
2) Harper hasn't gone up.
3) He did win...
4) The Ravens lost, the Cowboys lost, the Chargers lost and Kurt Warner did not win the Super Bowl.

Excellent predictions...